Sunday, July 8, 2012

Just Another Sunday

Growing up, I absolutely hated Sundays. It was the worst day of the week. Not only did I have to get up early, get dressed and go to church (twice!), it was the last day of the weekend and I had to go school the next morning. There was nothing to do, because I had to stay clean & close to home so we could make it for the evening service, and spending my early years in Utah, none of the other kids could play on Sunday anyway.

As I got older, it was a fashion show & I got enough of "Betsy" in the cutest clothes around while I was in school, I didn't need to compete at church, too.

So, to break the monotony of Sundays, we started having our friends over in the evening for dinner, TV and games every week. We all grew up in situations where Sunday wasn't much fun, so now everyone actually looks forward to it and we all have a great time together. It feels a bit liberating, to take back a day of the week & claim it as our own, you know?

No comments:

Post a Comment