Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Music Lovers


For most of my life I've been surrounded by music & people who love it. My dad bought me my first record player at an auction when I was about 7, followed that Christmas by a transistor radio. After that came the guitar he bought me at another auction; I loved that guitar. It was red & blonde, with a pearl inlaid pick guard. I would pluck around on it & pretend I was Lynn Anderson or Loretta Lynn for hours and hours. I took lessons for a couple of years and never learned anything. I was so sad to find out I had no talent for it, at all.

I later learned to play the flute & piccolo and marched in the band, played in the concert band as well as the orchestra at school.

My first major gift to Troy after we got together was an Epiphone guitar, one that he still has & still plays. Our son plays it more than Troy does these days, but it's hanging where I see it daily. Erin has a couple of his own, and is getting better every day, too. I love when they play together, or even when one is sharing his tips & tricks with the other & I get to sit in on it & hear (and see) what's going on.

I know Erin craves an acoustic of his own, and have been looking at guitars for him for Yule. We'll see what the future brings, I know he'd be thrilled with anything we got for him. I had always tried to pass my love of music onto my children, and I'm happy that I managed to do it with at least one of them & will do whatever I can to foster that love & his talent into something amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment