Saturday, October 29, 2011

What a Week!


I managed to get everything done but the chocolate lollipops, those were an epic fail & I gave up. Frustration isn't fun for me & I won't do things like that if I'm not enjoying myself. I didn't make the fudge exactly according to the directions, because I made it upside down & then realized I couldn't put the candy corn pieces on the top then. Oh well, it'll be good & festive & they can eat their candy corn off the fudge, it won't kill anyone.

I need to get pumpkins carved this morning, along with a bunch of other things that have to be done, like cleaning our bedroom (we hold ritual in there) and finished ritual prep and the normal every day cleaning. It will be a very busy day, but all worth it in the end. The party will be a lot of fun tonight & I'm really looking forward to seeing who all shows up. There had better be absolutely no drama, or people will be made to leave, I won't have people hurting other people's feelings tonight. I'm trying to decide whether I should save pumpkin seeds or just throw them away to save time. I always want to throw them away, but saving & roasting usually wins out. I'm not really sure I have time for that this time, though.

I'm just slightly frustrated at the moment. I arranged for our daughter to get her flu shot for free this morning & now she's backing out of it. She's so afraid of needles that she doesn't even realize it's a tiny poke & it's done & then she isn't worrying about being sick all winter. She just remembers the trauma of her last immunizations at 5 & thinks they're all that way. Oh well, I tried. This is her choice. I'm done trying to keep her healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment