Thursday, October 18, 2012

Booking Through Thursday

Join the fun!

 They say you can’t judge a book by its cover, but there’s no question that it can make a difference! What book(s) have your favorite covers? Something that’s perfect for the story, the tone, the colors, the mood… And did you pick up the book BECAUSE of the cover? Or were you going to read it anyway, and the cover was just serendipitous?

Man, I've always been attracted by cover art. Right now, I'm reading "Eve" by Gregg Olsen, mostly because the cover attracted me. I love the story, but the cover clenched it for me. The Patricia Briggs Mercy Thompson series. Seed by Ania Ahlborn (one I got because of the cover). The Unseen by Luke Alistar, My Name is Mina by David Almond, almost all of Kelley Armstrong's books.. yeah, it's probably an even mix of books that I was planning to buy without seeing the cover & books I bought because of the cover, honestly.

No comments:

Post a Comment