Thursday, January 26, 2012

Longing for Spring


I went out yesterday, while taking Tiny out to potty & raked one of the back flower beds/garden plots that hadn't had much done to it last year. Our daughter had planted onions in it & I noticed that they were greening up & reaching for sunlight, so I thought I'd give them some. I intend to fill all three beds with various mints, but don't know if seeds can be bought for mint. The beds are very hard to get into to plant any seedlings, although I'm sure Troy would do it for me if that's what I wanted. At any rate, I plan to do a little research on different types & see if that will be a good place for it.

I'm so ready for Spring, planting and longer days. I miss being outside, in the warmth & relaxing in my yard. I miss camping, grilling and smelling the grass, trees & warm earth. I know that Winter is necessary & I would hate living somewhere that we didn't experience it, I'm just ready for it to be over & hoping these next 7 weeks pass quickly, so I can get on with my planting & relaxing!

No comments:

Post a Comment