Tuesday, January 17, 2012

That Time of Year


I've been sitting around waiting for Troy's W-2 form & my 1066 to get here so we can file our taxes & see if we're getting anything back, or paying in. I hope we'll get a little back, so we can have a little more fun on our Las Vegas mini-vacation, but if not, we'll figure it out. I really just want to get it over with. I've actually started filling out the forms, but, of course I'm at a standstill when it comes to money earned & taxes paid. I did enter all of the information for my small office here in the house, but wasn't able to take anything as a deduction for it, which is fine. I'm nervous about it, but we'll manage either way.

We've had beautiful, warm weather on & off, with the off parts being bitter cold or snowing. This is typical for us, but usually in December. This year, the entire month of December was bitterly cold, with one snow storm after another. January has been more like late February or early March, I'm not complaining, not at all, but it is odd & I'm left wondering what the rest of the winter will bring us.

I'm getting ready for our Imbolc celebration & I'm actually kind of excited about it, I don't know why, but I definitely am. I have some beautiful red & white fabric for a new altar cloth, all I need to do is hem it & it's good to go. I'm very happy about my altar plans for it & am thinking about drawing it out to see how it might look before I get it all set up.

No comments:

Post a Comment